Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
Jimbo T
Starter Motor

Default AU III Fairmont Wagon frustration !!!!!!!!

[B]G'day ,I'm new to the forum. I currently have a really nice EF Fairmont S/Wagon, looks great-white,XR8 wheels, clean as a whistle 320000 kms and still going like a bird and was looking at jumping into a BA or BF Fairmont Wagon only to find they don't make Fairmonts in Wagons anymore. The best you can do is a Futura which is pretty much an XT with electric windows in the front, alloys and different trim.

The only other way to get a Fairmont interior is to go into a TS Territory, all I'd need is 2WD but again the prices are still up there.
So, what I'm trying to find is a White AU III Fairmont Wagon with a 6 Cyl donk. I've founs an absolute ripper but it's got a 5 Ltr V8 in the thing.

Anybody know of a good starting point to find one of these animals - I've tried all the Carpoint's and CarSales and Drve.coms etc and they're pretty thin on the ground.
Any help would be appreciated,[/B]
Jimbo

Last edited by Jimbo T; 20-05-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Text too small
Jimbo T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

By a Futura and option it up, or buy a Territory.

The BAII / BF Futuras are just as well equiped anyway, especially if you find one with a six stacker CD, the rest is minimal (AUIII has woodgrain and climate control that plays up).

If it was me Id go the BA / BF Futura with side airbags. Get the better 6 cylinder!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
Jimbo T
Starter Motor

Yeah I thought about that......I have a climate control in the EF and it works a reat.I'm really after that fairmont with the Dual-Zone air con system.My mate has a BA II in a sedan and it's a ripper but I need a Wagon.....Hmmmm

What would you pay for a 1st generation TS territory d'ya reckon
Jimbo
Old 20-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I got a client who just traded one for 25, so i reckon low 30's for a second hand TS.
Old 20-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
Jimbo T
Starter Motor

Thanks there LSTerritory Ghia........good food for thought. I've been spoiled, My EF is on Duel Fuel. Are the Territories hideously expensive to run? I've heard ther'es a gas conversion approved ny Ford........heard anything about that?
Jimbo
Old 20-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres no Gas approval by Ford, therefore your warranty is worthless.

They are ok depending what you use them for, but a Futura Wagon on Egas would probarly be 30 - 40% cheaper to run.
Old 20-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #7
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I wonder if the Falcon ES which comes with climate control is available in the wagon?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No only sedan.

Wagon has always missed out on SR / ES deal with the BA / BF.
Old 20-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #9
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally i'd get a terri but if you have your heart set on the AU mont then what's the problem with the 5L? They don't have much on the 6 in the way of power but they are a heaps smoother especially up top and they have a nice note to them. Not a hell of a lot of difference fuel wise either, my parents have a 5L LTD and it gets over 700 k's out of a tank on the highway.

Last edited by JBomb3000; 20-05-2007 at 06:50 PM.
JBomb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post