Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Miss_XR6

Default Rude People

What is it with rude people these days that just like to complain.

Today had a call at work for someone wanting to book there clients however they had no information and apprently me asking questions is rude and I should just know what they want

End of Rant

Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Rude People

Yep, people suck
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Ummm...Yep! Okay. Feel better?

Well lets turn that frown upside down! Put ya feet up with a cup of tea/coffee and a Tim Tam.

Not everyone is rude.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Miss_XR6

^^^ Im still dealing with them lol

Going home when I finish to cook dinner and watch revenge that will make me feel better
Old 27-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
kenz
BOSS Pilot

love it that you make a thread to complain about complaining people

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Yep, people suck
My mate owns / runs the Avis in Sydney CBD - he will very much agree with you.

I very much dislike people who don't say thank you when you have gone out of your way to help or assist them. While in school and uni I worked in customer service for 10 years and the rudeness (especially to younger people who perhaps haven't got much self esteem) is disgusting.

Which is why I'm extra nice to them ;)
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Sad fact of being part of customer service. You're surposed to be a mind reader and when they find out your not, they get grumpy.

I tend to just "switch off" to those sorts of people

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
Rambunctious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
My mate owns / runs the Avis in Sydney CBD - he will very much agree with you.

I very much dislike people who don't say thank you when you have gone out of your way to help or assist them. While in school and uni I worked in customer service for 10 years and the rudeness (especially to younger people who perhaps haven't got much self esteem) is disgusting.

Which is why I'm extra nice to them ;)
C"Mon, 10% of people are rude, 90% are good, where do you fit in?

We all remember the rude ones but forget the good ones.

I'm Joe Public and I got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning so it is my right to be rude, angry, and abusive to anyone behind a counter or on the end of the phone, just ask me.

Got a coffee from Hungry Jacks this morning and complimented the young lady on her microphone manner as I could actually understand her, and said thank you when she gave me the coffee which was bloody awful by the way.
Rambunctious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
creative
I am Batman

Lol...

I always used to say my job would be easy if it wasn't for staff and customers.... Thank god I'm not in charge anymore!
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Sad fact of being part of customer service. You're surposed to be a mind reader and when they find out your not, they get grumpy.

I tend to just "switch off" to those sorts of people
Couldn't agree with you anymore svo supporter.
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambunctious
C"Mon, 10% of people are rude, 90% are good, where do you fit in?

We all remember the rude ones but forget the good ones.

I'm Joe Public and I got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning so it is my right to be rude, angry, and abusive to anyone behind a counter or on the end of the phone, just ask me.

Got a coffee from Hungry Jacks this morning and complimented the young lady on her microphone manner as I could actually understand her, and said thank you when she gave me the coffee which was bloody awful by the way.
Haaaaa I'm better than good ;)... well try to be.

True, but I also remember the nice ones as well...
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My friend works at a McDonalds in another town than the one i work in, some lady int eh drive thru asked if her coffee had sugar, she never asked for it. Threw the coffee at the young girl because she didnt know the cow wanted sugar... =\
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #13
z80
Banned

I am often rude to people who reckon they are "helping me" by grudgingly giving me service after I have waited in line to be served by counter staff who have cultivated and perfected the art of ignoring people in a queue.

Generally, counter staff are the problem, not the customers.

If you're being paid to suck up to people to take their money, then do it.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm lucky, my client base are fantastic folks who just want to yak all day!

most folks are good, a small minority are rat droppings, smile with the good ones and forget the bad

"rise above my child......rise above!!"......well it's what my preacher would have said!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
I am often rude to people who reckon they are "helping me" by grudgingly giving me service after I have waited in line to be served by counter staff who have cultivated and perfected the art of ignoring people in a queue.

Have you ever thought that you may be part of the problem?
Old 27-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #16
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
I'm lucky, my client base are fantastic folks who just want to yak all day!

most folks are good, a small minority are rat droppings, smile with the good ones and forget the bad

"rise above my child......rise above!!"......well it's what my preacher would have said!
Unfortunatly the industry I work in I cant choose who I want to do work for... And the people who are yelling at me are only the middle party who are the ones that dont do there qualifying of the clients first
Old 27-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
burnz
VFII SS UTE

if your company suck's at what they do, i suppose you would have sore ears.

try any phone company and stay on the phone for three hours talking to someone who doesent speak english,
and try "not" to loose your cool..

just a point of view from a pleasent person on the phone!
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #18
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I take care of of logistics at my workplace, but sometimes when things don't go 100% right, they call up and abuse the girls on the phone...

One 'valued customer' of ours said, "I don't have time to print off a consignment note. I'm the Secretary to the President/CEO". When my colleague asked for an email address for somebody that did have the time, she just continued to yell at her...my colleague ended up in tears.

Another just yells when things go wrong, despite it being their fault (I will withhold their name...but they're a doctor...)

Another customer today yelled at a colleague of mine as goods were redirected to a different branch. What the customer didn't know is that her superior requested it! Despite all that, no apology. All that after blaming us totally...

BUT despite that, I deal with many great customers everyday and you'll find that most people are very reasonable and surprisingly patient. It takes two.

Don't treat people like crap and expect them to kiss your backside. If you want to be respected, then treat your customers with respect...works in life in general...

People need to remember that the person that takes your call is not responsible for you waiting on the phone, the problems you're experiecing, or perhaps the fact that you're having a rotten day.

They're paid to do a job to the best of their ability. They have KPIs and with recorded calls, they cannot afford to be discourteous.

There is nothing wrong with being assertive, but being rude is a different kettle of fish altogether...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #19
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
Unfortunatly the industry I work in I cant choose who I want to do work for... And the people who are yelling at me are only the middle party who are the ones that dont do there qualifying of the clients first
I don't think anyone can choose really, it's just a matter of you get great people in here and there, then you will get the not so pleasant/grumpy ones.
Some customers will walk in at work and tell me what they wan't, i'll show them what we have for what price, they hand the keys over straight after, OTHER customers..... will ask & ask & ask getting as much info out of you, every little bit of detail they can think of, sometimes they'll make you repeat things twice :S??

If such an event is out of control and i have tried my best to resolve/satisfy the customer then i ask my boss for assistance to neutralise the situation.

It's part of our job, what we get paid for and what we learn for the jobs ahead.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #20
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i love being rude to rude people...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #21
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6

it is very hard but you must find a way to simply smile and get on with the rest of your day

I once worked in a pawn shop for a few years....those customers were the rudest mongrel people you could ever come across...

took me a long time to "offload" the dribble and leave it at the shop......you must find a way to do this.....leave it at the door

if you have a partner, speak to him/her....have a beer and a laugh make light of it

have a grizzle in here if it does you any good....lord knows I've been there

just don't let it get you down!........ignorant, mongrel people are everywhere..rise above them and smile!!!

take a look in the joke section, smile and wind down!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #22
zdcol71
zdcol71

Rude people??? Offer them a beer down the pub after work, (assuming they have been rude to you whilst at work), if they accept, meet them at the pub and ask them to repeat the s%#$& they gave you at work...welcome to the real world!!
Old 27-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #23
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

That's it ... need to learn to leave it at work ... and no let it build up inside.
Or ... you can do what they teach in call centres ... you give the person on the other end of the line at least 2 warnings that the call with be terminated ... if they keep up with it ... end the call.

Bring the situation with with your superior and let them deal with that person/customer directly.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #24
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
it is very hard but you must find a way to simply smile and get on with the rest of your day

I once worked in a pawn shop for a few years....those customers were the rudest mongrel people you could ever come across...

took me a long time to "offload" the dribble and leave it at the shop......you must find a way to do this.....leave it at the door

if you have a partner, speak to him/her....have a beer and a laugh make light of it

have a grizzle in here if it does you any good....lord knows I've been there

just don't let it get you down!........ignorant, mongrel people are everywhere..rise above them and smile!!!

take a look in the joke section, smile and wind down!
Or Beat this photo game!!!!!
cracks me up
Old 27-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #25
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whenever you come across someone being rude to you, it's a reminder that life is no fairytale.

I witness rude behaviour from some very domineering and misguided young individual who really likes to torment and manhandle girls he likes for his own fun even when they tell him to stop. I've mentioned how he's very domineering and likes to monopolise conversations to suit himself which is very rude. I want nothing to do with him in future.

Today I came across an elderly driver that nearly drove into me on a roundabout when I was already on it and beeps their horn when I know I was doing nothing wrong. Damn that got me annoyed.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Rude people??? Offer them a beer down the pub after work, (assuming they have been rude to you whilst at work), if they accept, meet them at the pub and ask them to repeat the s%#$& they gave you at work...welcome to the real world!!
put your glass upside down on the bar.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #27
GULL
TuRbO

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80

WTF ,maybe spend yr cash some place else then.I take it from your response u dont work in customer service.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #28
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The rudest people I've ever encountered are the staff at Primus.
But the company was the loser as I took my business elswhere.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #29
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
People are paid to provide good service to customers, not worship the ground you walk on.

Rude people may get what they want by yelling and screaming. What they fail to realise by showing a little respect when they have a genuine problem will get them so much more from the person helping them.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #30
Torment47
Mr Hoon

The 2 places i steer clear of cause of bad customer service is Maccas West ryde(victoria rd) and Auburn maccas(parra rd - silverwater rd) mind you it was only the drive through service that was **** house.
(i don't eat maccas food, i just like there Frappe's)

Last edited by Torment47; 28-02-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: missed *