Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
Wicked Pursuit
WIK13D

Default towing with xr8 pursuit

hey just woundering if any 1 has fitted a tow bar to an au3 pursuit ute cause i need 1 on mine also what would i do with the suspension cause i'll be towing a race boat which weighs about 1.5 ton

Wicked Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Pursuit
hey just woundering if any 1 has fitted a tow bar to an au3 pursuit ute cause i need 1 on mine also what would i do with the suspension cause i'll be towing a race boat which weighs about 1.5 ton
1. PM Adam (Falkeen) from AWC. He has the Pursuit ute body kit with towbar fitted.
2. If it's manual, be prepared to chew through clutches. Manuals aren't rated to tow more than 1200kg.
3. Suspension - talk to pedders or other suspension place about some Heavy duty leaf springs for it. They should be able to hook you up with a set - I got a set of King Springs which came with 5 leaves, instead of the usual 4.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
Wicked Pursuit
WIK13D

nah it's a auto if you dont mind me asking how much were your springs
Wicked Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

If it is a Pursuit 250, i remember reading somewhere when we got ours that it isnt certified for towing. I've never wanted to tow anything so i havent bothered to find out why, but if i were you i would go through all the car papers and stuff to check. I would look at mine for you, but it aint here at the moment... Mind you, if the person i have seen has a real 250 and not just the bodykit, then i have seen one person up here towing a jetski...

Not very helpful, i know, but it might pay to find out just in case..

Jennifer

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hayman reece tow bars in dandenong vic did one for us its heavy duty rated and the hitch / tounge can be fitted with the removable skirt off so you dont have to cut a hole thru it if you ring them direct on.0397973222 they have agents in most places & were very helpful with our 101 questions

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Pursuit
nah it's a auto if you dont mind me asking how much were your springs
Around $450 fitted.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
If it is a Pursuit 250, i remember reading somewhere when we got ours that it isnt certified for towing. I've never wanted to tow anything so i havent bothered to find out why, but if i were you i would go through all the car papers and stuff to check. I would look at mine for you, but it aint here at the moment... Mind you, if the person i have seen has a real 250 and not just the bodykit, then i have seen one person up here towing a jetski...

Not very helpful, i know, but it might pay to find out just in case..

Jennifer

I am sure I have read this somewhere before .... if not ... it's not the full capacity though ... if you are lucky you might be able to get the 1600kg kit ... but I don't think the 2300kg HD kit was available for the pursuits.

JC is pretty spot on with the price for upgraded rear leaves ... I got myself stronger rear leaves with a stronger 2nd stage leaf for heavy load (minimal sagging under load).

They are not enjoyable to replace yourself either ... helps if you have someone to help you ... or just pay someone to do it (much better idea).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post