Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
xbcool
dazed&confused

Default streetmachine april fools?

In recent years Streetmachine mgazine has come up with an April fools gag in thier April edition, this year on page 16 there is an advertisement for wonder paint, a new invention that will colour match anything straight from the can ,now is this the single greatest streetmachining invention since loverslane or just an eloaborate hoax (I think its a hoax).

with April fools day just around the corner anyone got any good gags they would like to share?

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i really liked the one triple j did a few years ago..

adam and wil came out and said that sydney had lost the olympic games due to the venues not being ready. they got the premier (i think) on the air to confirm the story was true, he went on to say how sad it was, etc etc.. richard wilkins heard this 'news' so he went on the today show with the story.. it was a good one.
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypete23
i really liked the one triple j did a few years ago..

adam and wil came out and said that sydney had lost the olympic games due to the venues not being ready. they got the premier (i think) on the air to confirm the story was true, he went on to say how sad it was, etc etc.. richard wilkins heard this 'news' so he went on the today show with the story.. it was a good one.
:
The joke is that NSW schools and hospitals and police are chronically underfunded because of all the money that was poured into the olympic venues.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcool
with April fools day just around the corner anyone got any good gags they would like to share?
My first wedding anniversary is coming up on April 1st.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
njla

My missus did the "im pregnant" april fools thing last year. i fell for it, as you do.
turns out she was pregnant.... :
njla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcool
In recent years Streetmachine mgazine has come up with an April fools gag in thier April edition, this year on page 16 there is an advertisement for wonder paint, a new invention that will colour match anything straight from the can ,now is this the single greatest streetmachining invention since loverslane or just an eloaborate hoax (I think its a hoax).

The brand on the can is AFD - I think that stands for April Fools Day (as well as All Ford Day).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAGSV8
My first wedding anniversary is coming up on April 1st.

: ouch!

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #8
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Triple M's The Cage did a gag where Athens had lost the Games in '04 and Sydney would host the olympics again. I fell for it until my work mate told me to pull my head in. haha
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Years ago the local Albury radio station (2AY) did a hoax that the concorde was going to land at Albury airport on a "display" trip around Aust. Quite a few thousand people turned up to see it too.

Albury was a regional airport at the time, the runway was simply too short and too narrow for anything that size to land.

Many, many annoyed listeners that day.

Couple years later the same guy did a "the Causeway between Albury and Wodonga is totally blocked due to a massive accident, take an alternate route". Unfortunatly the only alternate route is to drive out to the Hume weir and take the long way round. Many, MANY, MANY irate listeners that day too.

For the record, that DJ is now dead... but he did get the last laugh!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

I'm sure it was Dick Smith who advertised he was going to "Put a Jumbo Under The (Sydney) Harbour Bridge" ......
He sure did

It was an "Elephant on a barge , :nutsycuck

(Can't remember if it was an April Fool's or just an advertising stunt)

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Jumbo under the bridge was 2SM DJ Ian Macrae Im pretty sure
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #12
frost
Banned

My Brother who is on his L's got a little sideways today on the gravel. After I dropped him off at work I sent him an sms

"**** BRO, THE COPS JUST IMPOUNDED MY CAR, I WAS SEEN SIDEWAYS OFF TOMAS MITCHELL DRIVE IN THE CONSTRUCTION AREA, 6 MONTHS LOSS OF LICENSE FOR ME"

I got a message "REALLY, YOUR NOT JOKING ARE YOU? I FEEL SO BAD TELL THEM IT WAS ME"

I got someone to do a prank call from the police station, hehe it went down well when I picked him up from work, and out the front was my car with the L plates up.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #13
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
I'm sure it was Dick Smith who advertised he was going to "Put a Jumbo Under The (Sydney) Harbour Bridge" ......
He sure did

It was an "Elephant on a barge , :nutsycuck

(Can't remember if it was an April Fool's or just an advertising stunt)

Norm
I remember that one quite well, I was on the Harbour Bridge waiting for the plain to go under. :
Then they did another one fooling everyone into thinking they had towed an iceberg all the way from southern ice shelf. It was another barge dressed up to look like an iceberg, Fooled a lot of people though.
BBB
Old 01-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #14
Miller
It's Millertime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost
My Brother who is on his L's got a little sideways today on the gravel. After I dropped him off at work I sent him an sms

"**** BRO, THE COPS JUST IMPOUNDED MY CAR, I WAS SEEN SIDEWAYS OFF TOMAS MITCHELL DRIVE IN THE CONSTRUCTION AREA, 6 MONTHS LOSS OF LICENSE FOR ME"

I got a message "REALLY, YOUR NOT JOKING ARE YOU? I FEEL SO BAD TELL THEM IT WAS ME"

I got someone to do a prank call from the police station, hehe it went down well when I picked him up from work, and out the front was my car with the L plates up.

That's pure evil lmao
Old 02-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #15
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Not april fools but my dad pulled a good one on one of his mates for his 50th, a few years back

He drafted up a letter to look like a genuine vicroads letter, and sent it to him saying that he is now classed as on older driver. He picked up an 'older driver' hand book as well and sent that with the letter.

We heard nothing untill he was giving his speach at his 50th party, where he pulled out the letter and started going on about it to everyone. At this point one of his other mates looks over his shoulder, looks at the signiture (who worte the letter), and tells the bloke to look at it too.
It was signed by "I.C Nothing" and the penny dropped
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #16
AUTickford
XD197

Damn i could really use some of that paint on my multi coloured car
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #17
ForgInASock
Starter Motor

Default April Fool Radio Jokes

In Wollongong, Wave FM (formerly 2WL) used to be famous for doing the April Fools Day thing. Some of them were:
* Telling all the Northern Suburbs to flush their toilets at precisely 8:00am to clear a blockage at Bellambi Sewage Works
* Changing the names of several Wollongong streets to the names of several Wollongong Councillors of the day. The Council even got on the phone to "confirm" the story!
* Announcing that a airship was circling the city
Old 09-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #18
Road Games

Red face AFD paint.......... Doh........

SEE , SEE how educational these forums are. The day it came out i showed everyone and they were amazed tooo... now that my bubble is burst THANKS a lot
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Years ago the local Albury radio station (2AY) did a hoax that the concorde was going to land at Albury airport on a "display" trip around Aust. Quite a few thousand people turned up to see it too.

Albury was a regional airport at the time, the runway was simply too short and too narrow for anything that size to land.

Many, many annoyed listeners that day.

Couple years later the same guy did a "the Causeway between Albury and Wodonga is totally blocked due to a massive accident, take an alternate route". Unfortunatly the only alternate route is to drive out to the Hume weir and take the long way round. Many, MANY, MANY irate listeners that day too.

For the record, that DJ is now dead... but he did get the last laugh!
Yeah i remember both of them