Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Default Anyone Have A EB-ED-EF-EL 5litre LPG?

Hey guys been looking at these lately. Can someone give me so economy specs. Im just doing my research atm. how much to fill the LPG and how many km`s you get. Been a few around lately so yeh

Cheers

Old 24-03-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

I had an ef V8 on gas (old style). I got about 400kms to a tank (60L usable) but towards the end I was only getting about 320kms per tank which it still is. I think the engine is very tired, it has done 315,000kms (I sold it to my house mate so I know how its running still).

To fill with LPG depending on price will be between $20 and $30/35, generally closer to $30. But thats over here in Vic metro where gas is cheap (about 46c a litre ATM I think).

Now if only the injected LPG system on my BA worked properly, grrrr!!

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

you should go to the LPG forums in here, those guys always willing to help out. depending on the system you use though, and your driving style/conditions, you can expect anywhere from 300k's to 500k's from a 60L tank. SVI is the best economy and power wise as it injects directly into each inlet port, inline systems are the cheaper of the options and depending on your converter set-up, if it is tuned correctly you can get great milage and power (recently just tuned an el I6 and on power run managed 15hp increase over petrol!!!) so ask around on LPG forums about recommendations etc before commiting to a certain type of set-up to see what would be best for you.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=V8GLI]I had an ef V8 on gas (old style). I got about 400kms to a tank (60L usable) but towards the end I was only getting about 320kms per tank which it still is.

Crikey, I've got a 351 on dual fuel and I'm lucky to get 250kays out of a tank of gas.

I also have a BA Futura on dedicated gas (E engine) and love it. Went to Jurien and back on a tank, pulled into the servo in Joondalup, used my 4 cent voucher and it cost me 30 bucks.

Yep go to the LPG forum, lots of good info there.
:
Old 24-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nc fairlane on the gas and i get around 320-350.i took the clutch fan ff and thatv improved the econmy quite a bit,70l usable tank.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post