Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #31
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortycorty
lol partners old mans car takes up four, yes four spaces. Not because he doesnt want to get it scratched, but because it being 19foot long, it takes up 2 in length and the doors are almost the length of my height it takes up 2 parks just to get the doors open enough to get out of it.

Dad used to park further away or take up 2 parks when he had the xr6, but novelty wore off after a few months, same with his xr8, used to at the start now he doesnt.

Car park scratches/dents are always goin to happen. No matter how far away you park, someone will decide to park next to you, no matter how many spaces you take up they will still find a way to make their door contact yours.

I just wish everyone had respect for other people's property and made the effort to be careful when they open their doors, or make an effort to help their kids out of the car, or even steer the shopping trolley's properly!

19 feet long lol is it a limo?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #32
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDTUF
Or don't take your car shopping... less chance of getting scratchers parked @ home, take the company car instead :
Unless your company vehicle wont fit into the car park!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #33
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarridtheruler
I hate it when i park as far as possible from a shop, in a nearly empty carpark, and some idiot parks next to me. I just cannot understand it
I'm so glad to read this. I thought I was the only one who felt like this! It is annoying when people don't respect other people's property. Still, normally after a year or so and other scratches start to appear, I am not so paranoid about it.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Always park next to the car that is twice as expensive as your own.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #35
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Always park next to the car that is twice as expensive as your own.
Trouble is, these people finsih their shopping, come out, leave, then some old heap of crap ends up there. Just a fact of life people. Cars and Car parks dont mix
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #36
coupdy do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
Lol. Today I saw BA GT occupying two parking bays - i suppose thats another way of avoiding scratches (at least from other cars). I can't guarantee how other people would react when they can't find any place to park.
Thats what i use to do park accross i a couple of bays so no one can park next to you
coupdy do is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #37
mrgo40rd

do what i do take the wifes car shopping she understands and thinks its alot easier than spending 20min looking for a good spot to park my ba

Member of 'Falcon Tickford FPV Club of NSW'
www.ftf.org.au
Nolathane, Whiteline and Whiteline PLUS enhanced
car care products 1300 006 007 (keep it looking clean)
mrgo40rd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post